Grilled American Lamb Loin Chops with Spring Herb Salsa Verde
- To make salsa verde, pour olive oil into a small bowl, and whisk in remaining ingredients. Taste, and add sea salt or pepper as needed. Allow mixture to marinate at room temperature while you make the loin chops.
- To make loin chops, prepare a hot grill. Lights coals and allow them to get hot enough that you can’t hold you hand four inches above them for more than a few seconds. Bank coals to one side of grill to create a zone of high heat and a zone of indirect heat. For a gas grill, turn to medium high 10 -15 minutes before you plan to grill.
- Just before grilling, sprinkle chops on both sides with sea salt and pepper.
- Set chops over hottest part of grill and grill 2 minutes.
- Flip, and grill 2 minutes more.
- Move chops over indirect heat, and grill 2 – 4 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- Rest chops 5 minutes.