Lamb Steak With Fennel Sauce
- Thinly slice fennel. In medium saucepan combine broth and fennel slices. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer 8 minutes or until tender; remove from broth, reserve broth.
- Sprinkle lamb steak lightly with salt and pepper.
- To Grill: Cook over medium-hot coals. Grill 4 inches over coals for 14 to 18 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning once.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- To Broil: Cook 4 inches from heat source. Broil for 14 to 18 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning once.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch, nutmeg and cardamom. Add milk; mix well. In pan combine milk mixture and broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Pour hot sauce over fennel and serve with sliced lamb steak.