Skip to main content
- Press pepper evenly onto all surfaces beef pot roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Add onion, water, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons horseradish. Return beef to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until pot roast is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare barley according to package directions for 6 servings. Remove from heat. Stir in kale. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove pot roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid, if necessary; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 to 13 minutes or until reduced to 1-1/2 cups, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon horseradish.
- Remove bone from pot roast. Carve pot roast into thin slices. Return beef to cooking liquid and heat through. Serve beef over barley mixture.