Grilled Lamb And Vegetable Kabobs
- Place wooden skewers in a shallow dish and cover with water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, simmer oil and garlic until garlic is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside to cool.
- Thread 6 skewers, alternating lamb and onion. Thread remaining 6 skewers with zucchini, squash and pepper. Brush lamb and vegetable kabobs with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on a hot grill rack. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until each side has grill marks and lamb is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes or until lamb reaches 160ºF for medium doneness.
- Remove from grill. Serve with dipping sauces and whole wheat pita.
- Honey Mustard Thyme Dipping Sauce: In a small bowl, combine mustard, mayonnaise, honey, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cucumber Yogurt Sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt and pepper