American Lamb Gyros with Tzatziki
- Lay lamb leg open on a cutting board. Trim off visible fat. Season lamb generously with salt and pepper; allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.Grill lamb leg to medium-rare (remove from heat when thermometer registers between 130°F and 135°F, or to desired doneness).
- Rest lamb, lightly covered, for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice lamb across the grain into thin slices.
- Place some lamb slices in the middle of each pita; top with tomatoes, cucumber slices, mint leaves and Tzatziki sauce; fold pita like a taco.