Spring Gyros With Apricot Salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine shallot, garlic, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Rub the mixture over the entire surface of the leg of lamb, place in a roasting dish and roast until thermometer reads 135-140 degrees for medium rare, cooking time will depend on size of your lamb. Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing (meat will continue to cook a little once removed from oven).
- Make the apricot salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing together.
- Make the yogurt sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in another small bowl.
- To serve, toast pitas on a grill or greased skillet until golden brown.
- Add lamb to the pitas, top with yogurt sauce, apricot salsa and garnish with fresh pea shoots.